Gas cooktops feature either four of five burners in 36- or 30-inch widths. All of these models include burners with a variety of heat outputs. Easily accomplish any task--from melting and simmering to stir-frying and sauteing--and move cookware between burners effortlessly on full-width, cast-iron grates.
- Utilizes natural gas or propane to fuel burners
- Choose between two surface styling options: stainless steel with cast-iron grates or gas-on-glass
- Offers increased control of cooking temperatures
Electric cooktops with Even-Heat™ technology feature elements that ensure consistent heat for exceptional boiling, simmering and melting. Triple- and/or double-ring elements allow cooks the versatility to select the appropriate element based on cookware size. In addition to exceptional performance, select models feature die-cast knobs.
- Utilizes electricity to power heating elements
- Offers an attractive watermark pattern that adds to the elegance of the sleek, easy to clean ceramic-glass surface
- Provides increased flexibility for installation and relocation
Induction technology generates heat directly in magnetic cookware, making the cookware the heat source instead of a burner or element. This provides precise, responsive heating and cooling similar to a gas cooktop with a smooth ceramic-glass surface that allows for effortless cleanup.
HOW COUNTER COOKTOPS WORK
Enjoy the convenience of a stove cooktop without installing a full a range. From simmering to boiling, the settings and features of KitchenAid cooktops help meet your every need. Plus, standalone cooktops provide versatility to your kitchen design since they can be placed in an island or anywhere along a countertop to complement your wall oven or provide additional cook space.